Canada in my eyes

Canada in my eyes

Saturday, January 15, 2011

I am from Shanghai!



channelapa.com
 
chinadigitaltimes.net
   Shanghai is a big city in China. I love this city very much. It has been developed quickly since 1980s. When people talk about Shanghai, they usually know Yao Ming, World Expo and a lot of skyscrapers. To begin with, the most famous Chinese basketball player in the world is Yao Ming. He was born in Shanghai and he plays for the Houston Rockets of NBA. He is also a symbol of Shanghai. What’s more, the 2010 World Expo was held in Shanghai. The theme is” better city, better life.” By the end of the expo, over 70 million people had visited and more than 250 countries and international organizations had joined in this wonderful exposition. In the end, Shanghai is famous for its fast development and a lot of skyscrapers. Through all these buildings, the most famous one is the Shanghai World Financial Center. Its height is almost 500metres. In 2008, it opened for business. It has got a lot of award such as the second-tallest building in the world and the highest structure in China. However, these ate not the most attractive to me. I like Shanghai because it is very convenient. There are a lot of metros, shops, schools. Everything you need is just around you. In addition, people in Shanghai is kind and warm-hearted. This is my hometown and welcome to visit Shanghai.

 sources: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanghai_World_Financial_Center
             http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expo_2010



ccisabroad.org
 


2 comments:

  1. I really want to visit Shanghai. Specifically I can't wait to see Nanjing Road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shanghai is a wonderful city. I want to go to there if I have time and money.

    ReplyDelete