Canada in my eyes

Canada in my eyes

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Black Plum

  


freshplaza.com
 
  Before you read my story, here is a question: What is the best time to eat black plums? I forget the exact date but this story started in September, a period of time to eat plums. My life in Canada was almost the same. Studying, playing, and sleeping, again and again. He actually changed my life. He is Ryan, used to be my best friend. When I met him, I found that we were almost the same in many ways. We are both talkative, good at math and so on. We became friends soon. We shared our secrets and jokes. We ate together and chatted a lot. I really cherished this friendship. Plums are sweet; as a result, you cannot eat a lot. The longer we spent together, the more problems appeared. One time, I went to his room for some help about science. I took a black plum without permission. After that, our relationship changed. He didn't talk as much as he did before to me. He didn't want to se me for about one week. I had no idea about what happened. I asked him: “What’s going on? All right, I will pay for that plum.”   Fortunately, everything became normal. He treated me as a best friend again. This accident was just like a lake. If you throw a stone into the lake, nothing will happen except ripples. On a normal Saturday, we went to Fortino’s. I bought some plums and oranges etc. On the way home, I gave him a plum and said: “Here is your precious black plum. I promised to pay for it. Right?” Suddenly, he became mad at me. I noticed the fire in his eyes. He yelled: “I have never seen such a stupid person like you. Last time, I was angry with you just because a plum? It is totally bull shit. Let me tell you the reason. This plum is different from others. It is planted by my grandma and she has cancer now. I don’t know if I can see her again. In addition, you let me feel unsafe. How can you just take my things without asking me?” I was shocked and my soul went out of my body for a couple of minutes. When it came back, he had gone away. Black plums are usually purple and a little bit black. These colors always mean mysterious and sad. I knew I hurt the weakest part of his heart. I really felt sorry about that.  I regreted about what I did.  From then on, we treated each other like strangers. Both of us realized that we couldn’t be friends anymore.  It’s faith, maybe. I learned that we should keep distance from our friends, neither too far, nor too near.    

No comments:

Post a Comment